Most golf workouts to improve your drive, focus on rotational movements. Probably because they look the most like a golf swing and that makes sense right? Doing endless rotation exercises won’t improve your swing.
So what do I need to do instead?
Good question. But first, let’s flip this problem on its head. What characteristics to all great golfers have?
- A solid core to transfer energy efficiently from your upper to lower body.
- Good mobility to rotate smoothly through the swing.
- A super strong bum to power down the fairway and prevent back pain.
- An iron grip so the energy from your hips drives powerfully through to the ball.
So how do we work on all those elements using kettlebells?
Well I have 4 exercises that work on all theses things:
- Turkish Getup – mobility, strength, stability, this has it all!
- Halos – develops bulletproof shoulders, at the same time grip and core strength.
- Swing – power up your glutes for a bigger drive.
- Bottoms Up Press – build rock solid pushing strength and an iron grip.
All you need is a kettlebell and a little space so all can be done a home. No need for a gym!
Want help incorporating these into your training?
I've got the solution for you!
Get LIFETIME access to my Golf Drive Supercharger Program for just £4.99.
What you get:
Video’s and instructions for all 4 moves
A full workout incorporating the supercharger moves
A mobility workout for rest days
A 4 week program to follow
Lifetime access to the program so you’ll get all future updates
Program delivered through my app so you have access anywhere
Track your progress within the app
Private group message board to get tips and advise from other golfers